Are you suffering from pain in the legs? Do you see swollen pinkish bluish veins appearing on the lower legs? Do you feel numbness in the legs while standing or sitting for long hours? If answers to all these questions are “yes”, then you must be suffering from varicose veins conditions.
Varicose Veins Treatment Options
Varicose veins is much more than mere cosmetic issue. The condition is associated with pain, itchiness, and swelling in the lower part of the legs. If left untreated, it can result in skin ulcer as well. If you are suffering from this condition, then you can look out for the right varicose vein treatment Orange County from the options available.
Varicose Veins Treatment Options
There are several option for treating varicose veins, which are as follows:
- Spider vein treatment: Though these look similar to the conditions and appearance to varicose veins, these veins remain closer to the surface of the skin. These veins appear as red, blue or purple, and the thin veins look like the web of a spider. Treatment for spider vein and removal are available in Orange County areas. You should look for registered medical practitioner, who comes with years of experience in dealing with this particular condition only.
- Laser vein removal: Endovenous laser treatment differs from a typical vein surgery and is a common treatment option for varicose veins. It involves minimal invasive option, so most individuals with varicosities like to opt for this treatment.
- Compression therapy: These do not treat varicose veins but slow down the progression of this condition. These only give you temporary results, unlike permanent solutions like EVLT. Sometimes, after undergoing treatment options like EVLT and sclerotherapy, the patient is advised to wear compression stocking for several weeks till he/she gets completely cured.
- Sclerotherapy: This procedure also involves minimal invasion to remove reticular and spider veins. During this method, a solution is injected, known as sclerosant, into the affected vein. The affected veins are closed and they get gradually absorbed with time.
- Surgical ligation and stripping: This is also a common treatment option for varicose veins. Compared to the other options, stripping and surgical ligation involves more invasion technique.
- Microphlebectomy: This procedure also involve minimal invasion. However, there are two categories under this treatment option, where one has significantly more invasion than the other. However, most reputed clinics for treating varicose veins prefer to use the less invasion option, unless in rare circumstances, the conditions of the patient do not permit for that.
If you are suffering from the conditions of spider veins or varicosities, then instead of going to any beauty clinic and get it treated under inefficient non-medical practitioner, you should consult a proper physician. Orange County has quite a few such registered doctors and clinics, who specialize in treating varicose veins only. Once the doctor knows about your genetic history (as genetic factor is a major cause behind this disease), undergoes some hormonal tests (because hormonal changes during puberty/pregnancy/menopause triggers this condition), you would be advised on the best treatment to get relief from this condition.